The APEC World Leader Summit: Who’s Hot?
By Patricia Simone Dauz
The APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) World Leader Summit is in full force. With all leaders from various countries all accounted for, the event has brought horrible traffic in the metropolis, leaving commuters to walk for several kilometers just to reach their offices and homes. But if there is one good thing this convergence of world leaders happening in the country now, is to have a sneak peek on who is the handsomest and good looking delegate to ever grace this side of the world.
Let’s take a closer look of the newest Prime Minister of Canada, the 43-year-old PM Justin Pierre James Trudeau, and Mexican hotshot, Pres. Enrique Peña Nieto. Here are some sizzling facts you want to know about APEC hotties Nieto and Trudeau.
Justin Pierre James Trudeau is married to Sophie Gregoire, who worked in an ad agency before she became an entertainment broadcast journalist. They have three children, namely, Xavier, Ella-Grace Margaret and Hadrien. He is a boxing aficionado.
- As the Prime Minister of Canda, he is the second youngest ever to assume office.
- Born on Christmas day of 1971, he was just sworn to office 10 days before the 21st Annual APEC Economic Leaders’ Meeting.
- Roman Catholic but expressed interest in legalizing marijuana as well as abortion.
- Inked! He sport a tattoo of a large Earth inside a Haida raven on his left arm.
- An author of a book entitled Common Ground which is autobiographical.
- Not afraid of commitment. Publicly, he committed last November 17 to lifting the visa requirements for Mexicans travelling to Canada.
- Called the “Selfie King of Canada” in line with his election since he readily posed for pictures with people during his campaign.
- Responsible for the quote on the $100 shirt sold by the Liberal party for fundraising. He justified gender equality in the cabinet by saying “Because it’s 2015”.
- Is associated with the number 69, since that was his ranking on Forbes Magazine’s 2015 list of “The World’s Most Powerful People”.
- Clairvoyant! Not in the literal sense though. His 2013 note which said “Just watch me.” was sold on eBay last month for $12,301. This was his answer to Michael Kydd who was on the same flight last March 20 and asked him “Can you really beat Harper?”
Enrique Peña Nieto is married to Angelica Rivera, his second wife, and a television soap opera star. He has three children, Paulina, Alejandro and Nicole form his first wife, Monica Pretelini, who died of epileptic seizures. He has been in power as president for the past three years.
- During a trip to Vatican City in 2011, he proposed to his second wife, and Popo Benedict XVI even blessed them.
- A big fan of The Eagle’s Throne, a popular novel. However, possibly due to stress from the day’s work, he forgot the name of the author during a book fair interview.
- Already the leader of Mexico during the arrest of the country’s most notorious drug lord. However, Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman was able to escape from prison.
- Is Mexico’s “Telenovela President” according to Teresa Puente.